"How to have a great day!"
by on October 28, 2008
2. Lie in bed thinking happy thoughts and envisioning your great day for an extra 15-20 minutes.
3. Get dressed and ready for the great day ahead. Put on something that makes you feel good.
4. Start the day with something inspirational: a podcast, a recording, a book, or a favorite (inspirational) blog.
5. Say hello to the sun and, in my case, the mountains.
6. Chug a glass of water.
7. Grab a cup of coffee or tea.
8. Eat breakfast and take your vitamins.
9. Check your email to make sure there is nothing urgent there, but don’t spend too long in the inbox (5 minutes). Note that this is #9, not #1!
10. Check your task list and prioritize what is most important. Repeat this step at least two more times throughout the day.
11. Tackle the task list. Listen to soothing music or sounds. My favorite CD these days is the sounds of the ocean, seeing as we have very little water here in the high desert.
12. Say Yes to the really good stuff and Thanks, but No Thanks to what doesn’t serve you.
15. If you have a significant other, kiss them goodnight. Before turning out the lights ask him or her: What made you happy today? Be prepared to share what made you happy.
16. Say one last prayer of gratitude to the universe for giving you such an amazing day.
17. Sleep soundly for 7 to 8 hours.
Thank you to Jackie Jacobson for alerting me to this post on Twitter where I found it on her blog. She's a wonderful artist, so please visit her blog during your internet travels. In case you missed it earlier, here's the link for the Art Business Blog. Thanks for stopping by!