Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mythical Creatures Workshop

I took Karen O'Briens all day workshop at Stamping Details in Poway, CA (San Diego County) on Friday 07/24/09. We created mythical characters from clip art and collaged them with craft paint and Golden acrylic transparent paints. This style involves many layers of paint, a few lalong with some stamping and using found objects to create texture. We also used stabilo pencils. It was SO much fun to do, so you will definitely be seeing lots more creation by me as I use parts of animals, plants and flowers to create odd, original beings.
There were 13 of us in the class, including my favorite art buddy, Sally. Here are her two unfinished pieces. She's invited some us over during the week to make more! Yippee!












My friend Dian Chen made these two goodies. Diane is part of the Art Posse who paints weekly at Sally's house too. Take a look here for more of Diane's art.









Here's Angela's unfinished piece. She made three incredible pieces, but only sent me one.

3 comments:

  1. Well, let's see if this comment arrives.

    Yea, Nina. Your blog is up and running and with the fabulous little flower girl front and center.

    We will continue making our mythological characters this week! What else can we come up with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous ... that looks like a fun class, and your work is beautiful. Hey, is Sally going to be in our Cozen workshops later this month? looking forward to more artful days ... Davi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally will not be taking any of Chris's classes. She took the entire weekend last time Chris was in town, plus she's already working on a ton of other things. But she told me what a wonderful teacher Chris is. I'm happy we'll get to paint together this Friday. I'll save you a seat!!

    ReplyDelete