Sunday, August 9, 2009

Newest Mythical Creatures as taught by Karen O'Brien


Bird Couple

I got so inspired by Karen O'Brien's recent class at Stamping Details, I made four more lil' critters. You can see the first part of the process in the first photo after I pieced together my creature couple and adhered it to the background I made. Then I painted the whole thing in transparent liquid paints by Golden. I decided to give her some big hair, made it curly, then painted over it. I added some text, a stand for the croco bird and stamped on a few swirls and viola - my Odd Couple was born. The text says,"What would you like to do tonight, honey?" Check out Karen's incredible work on her blog: http://goldenrulepalace.typepad.com/ .

Panda Boy

Dancing Chicken

Pretty Bird



I hope you enjoy them. I had so much fun creating them and will definitely make more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruthie,
    Came over to your blog after you mentioned it on the show yesterday. Long time DSC fan, BTW. Love your art, and am especially fond of the bird girls and the one on your facebook. If you ever do anything that has to do with the ocean...mermaid or something else, let me know. I have a little shop in Coronado, and maybe we can work something out!
    the shop blog is theatticgirls.blogspot.com

    Keep up the good work!
    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete