Friday, September 11, 2009

Fantastic Outdoor Mural, Including "Never Forget" in Williamsport, PA




These are the last photo's from my vacation last month in Williamsport, PA. My nephew, artist Jesse Herrera told me about a large outdoor mural in a downtown parking lot, just off Market Street. It's threee stories tall and depicts 150 people living and dead, local and nationally known.





My sister Melanee Herrera and I took some photo's of the giant mural, but these don't do it justice. If you're ever in Williamsport, PA, stop by and have a look.




It was created by Michael Pilato. You can read about it on his web site Pilatomurals.com. He paints on large boards and then nails them to the walls. He's done a similar mural in State Collage, PA, home of Penn State.

5 comments:

  1. That must be wonderful to see in person. I love murals. So much to look at and enjoy. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these wonderful murals. They must be breathtaking in person.

    I sent you an email with info on classes at my friend's, Maureen, studio/gallery in South Park on Beech Street. When I received Maureen's email about these classes, I thought of you. So, take what you like & leave the rest. :oD

    Del
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Pilato, I was painting some Spring windows on Thursday & the manager or one of the places where I was working mentioned his daughter was a contributing artist on the mural in Williamsport, PA. that you painted.
    So I had to try to find it on the web.
    VERY NICE PIECE!
    How many artists were involved?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not Michael Pilato. I visited my family in Williamsport this summer and took pics of his mural there. Check my post for a link or google his name to learn more contacting him. Thanks for your comment. -Nina

    ReplyDelete