Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reduce Clutter and Create Space in 2010!Plus, Best Photo's of 2009 From National Geographic



I'm so inspired today! Since posting yesterday about My Word of Intention for 2010, I discovered some wonderful things.

Ask and you shall receive ... I said I wanted to get rid of the clutter in my living room to create more space to make art everyday. Turns out, there's a blogger who wants the same thing and started a movement amongst other blogger's who want to, "Reduce Clutter and Create Space." Please click that link to learn more about it.


Blogger Shannon Kinney-Duh says, "Let's put ourselves first. Let's put our art first. Let's put our hidden, quiet, secret dreams first. Let's be bold. Let's live more fully. Let's be our true selves. Let's let go of MORE so that we can find that place, that s p a c e, where our hearts are open and free."



I don't know about you, but I want in right now! I can be accountable by sharing my experience with other artists who are in the same boat. I no longer have to judge myself. I no longer have to put off doing it. I can jump in NOW!

Barb, from The Craft Therapy blog, says we should ask ourselves, "Is this useful and will I use it? Does it bring me joy?" If the answer is no - then get rid of it. Give it away to someone on FreeCycle on yahoo.com, give it to Goodwill, Salvation Army, Am-Vets or throw it away. Sounds simple enough. This is the year of less is more for me! I will become an organized person.


I will make room for the things I want. I will be able to make art every day. Making art makes me happy. It makes me feel joy like I've never felt before. It allows me to express myself in ways I didn't know were possible.




I want to focus on what I want, not on what I don't want. I don't want clutter in my way. I want to paint and make cards and play in my art journals and I want to have fun doing it.

 

I found a fantastic quote today by Rumi, who said, "Seek joy first and all of the joy you could ever imagine, will come joyously and abundantly unto you." I want to manifest that!                 

               
   


What baby steps can I take to clear the way to make a better life for myself? It starts at home and it starts right now. Well, after I finish this post. I have a ton of recyclables to carry outside, so I'll begin there.



I want to be the butterfly, instead of a catepillar. That's how ugly it feels. I want to grow and bloom like a flower in the sun.

William Morris said,"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."  Words to live by in 2010.







My sister Melanee sent me a video on youtube today that made me say, "WOW" many times over. It fits the theme of rebirth, renewal and making the world a magnificent place to live. It's a sneak-preview of life's coming attractions for the "mighty" year of 2010, courtesy of our friends from the Unknown. All quotes are from the December 2009 edition of The Sedona Journal.

Click here to see Predictions for 2010 from the Great Beyond. 

That shows a world I'd like to live in and I want to focus on THAT rather than dwell on all the negative things in life! Don't get left behind! Your thoughts can change your life.







All photo's on this post were listed as the Best of 2009 by National Geographic and remain their property.

4 comments:

  1. Go for it, Nina...I think you are well on your way already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! fabulous post, nina. SOO excited to take this journey with you. and I want to share this quote that i have on my art table:

    "The closer we get to the end of our present evolutionary stage, the more dysfunctional the ego becomes, in the same way that a caterpillar becomes dysfunctional just before it transforms into a butterfly. But the new consciousness is arising even as the old dissolves." -Eckhart Tolle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very timely and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete